Welcome Family and Friends

Many of you have shared that with the distance between us you miss being a part of our family. This blog is a way for us to reach out and share a bit of our daily life with you. We realize that it is not the same as face-to-face relationships, but we hope it will bridge the gap between our visits with you and your families.

05 April 2011

two times around the sun

I know we have done a poor job of keeping up with posting but I hope you enjoy a glimpse into our little girl's birthday from January. I will work on a post for our February birthday boy soon.

Enjoy! 



Handmade photo album inspired by Christina @ Moment to Moment ::
When she discovered her album on her birthday table, she took it to her Daddy and sat down to look through it with him, exclaiming at every picture.

reversible popover apron (back view) :: pattern from The Children's Year
I think every cook should have a red apron for spaghetti night and she loves to help in the kitchen.
 

Mommy made waldorf doll :: Emmy
We bought a 16" doll kit from Weir Crafts and I spent the evenings working on Miss Emmy. Although the kits come with yarn for hair, I wanted something more colorful so I used yarn I had purchased separately. Emmy helped me learn more hand sewing skills and is my first handmade waldorf doll. Miss Emmy is a delightful addition to our family.

 

learning to simplify celebrations :: wrapping with playsilks, material and borrowed wooden boxes
A simple, peaceful birthday for our two-year-old. In addition to the above mentioned gifts, my little girl received a delightful wooden tea set, a couple books from Papa and Bila; two dresses with aprons for Emmy from Nana; and crocheted food from Gammy. We have been so thankful for family who understands our desire to provide simple, nourishing toys for the kids.


Hand-painted birthday figures for our birthday ring ::
This is our first year to celebrate with a birthday ring. We decided to make our own ring and figures to go with some wonderful ceremony candles we bought from bluecorn naturals. The wave represents my daughter's love for water and using a water birth pool for her big day. The black cat represents one of her favorite songs that we sing at night and her attraction to cats.


My son and I ventured out during naptime to buy our little lady some flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment